What will i need?
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2x 14 oz. (400g) cans black beans, drained
- 7 oz. (200g) vegan cheese, grated
- handful parsley, chopped
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil,
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, more to season layers
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika, more to season layers
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs, more to season layers
- 14 oz. (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60ml) tomato puree
- 361 kcal
- 17g Fats
- 44g Carbs
- 9g Protein
- Firstly, prepare the tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and fry until fragrant, 3-4 minutes. Next, add in the spices and herbs and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced and thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C). Spread half of the tomato at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 0.1″ (3mm) thin slices and try to make each slice the same thickness.
- Place a layer of sweet potato on the tomato sauce overlapping slightly—season with salt, herbs, and smoked paprika.
- Next, spread 1 can of black beans on top of the potato. Follow with another layer of sweet potato, and season with salt, herbs, and smoked paprika.
- Spread the second can of black beans followed with a third layer of sweet potato. Again, season with salt, herbs, and smoked paprika.
- Finally, top with the remaining tomato sauce. Cover with a piece of tin foil and bake for about 40-50 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with grated vegan cheese and bake without cover for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted,
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 75 mins